Monday, January 7, 2013

Design Board | Parents' Family Room (Formal)

Happy New Year fellow Interior Designers!

Here is another example of a design board that I created for class. It was for the same project as my last design board post. I could not decide which one to present, so I did both.




CLIENT: My parents
SPACE: Current family room
MY DESIGN CHALLENGE: My parents pretty much are empty-nesters. The furniture has been in the living room for at least 15 years and is quite dated, faded, and heavy. The carpet is also a dark green color, which easily attracts lint and makes the the room feel very bottom heavy.

MY CONCEPT: Since my parents are basically empty-nesters and my mother has her own home spa business (BeautiControl by Diane), I wanted to give her a space that used her spa colors but was also elegant. The space would require more labor as it replaces the current fireplace wall, hearth and surround.



After showing my mother both boards, it turns out that she like the Informal Board the best. She thought it was light, fun and more friendly for a family room. She also asked when was I going to get started on implementing it :-/ 

I guess I have to start putting some of my skills to use!

Until next time,

{Rashida}

No comments:

Post a Comment